Arts & Crafts
There are several beauty therapists and treatment centres in Langebaan where you can destress and detox away the city blues:
- Unwind Beauty Spa
19 Caudata Close
Tel: 022 - 772 1460 or 082 497 2280
With more than 300 species of birds in the area, Langebaan is one of the most sort after areas for bird watchers. Masada Guest House offers an ideal base from which to explore since its location is rural and lends itself to a rich birdlife on the premises.
Try your hand @ the Mykonos Casino. For a funfilled day or night enjoy the buzz at the Mykonos Casino.
Eat out at one of the several restaurants, coffee shops and eateries in and around Langebaan and the surrounding West Coast Towns. Better still, arrange with Masada Guest House for a delicious picnic basket, take it down to the beach for an unforgettable sunset on the beach.
- Black Velvet Coffee Bar
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2422
- Boesmanland Plaaskombuis
Club Mykonos (On the beach)
Cel: +27 (0)82 560 5934
- Caffe San Marco Italian Trattoria
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2846
- Cattle Baron Langebaan
Cnr. Breë Str. & Main Rd.
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 0171
- Die Strandloper
On the Beach
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2490
- Friday Island Restaurant
92 Main Rd.
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2634
29 Main Rd.
Tel: +27 (0)772 1869
- Geelbek Restaurant
West Coast National Park
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2134
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 1278
- Oystercatcher Sushi/ Seafood Restaurant
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 1280
- Pancakes Galore and Coffee Bar
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2365
- Pearly's Restaurant
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2734
- The Farmhouse Hotel Restaurant
5 Egret Str.
Tel: +27 (0)22 772 2062
- Tropicana Beach Bar & Diner
Club Mykonos (On the beach)
Cel: +27 (0)83 462 5577
Festivals, Events and Arts & Crafts Markets:
- Darling Christmas in July at Evita se Perron
- Darling Morning Market
- Lamberts Bay Crayfish & Cultural Festival
- Lamberts Bay Wild flowers in season
- Langebaan Arts & Crafts Market
- Langebaan Club Mykonos Car Gymkhana
- Langebaan Club Mykonos Cycle Tour
- Langebaan Club Mykonos Miss Bikini
- Langebaan Club Mykonos Offshore
- Langebaan Down Wind (hobie, windsurf, small boat race)
- Langebaan Club Mykonos Rubberduck Racing Event
- Langebaan NSRI Food and Wine Festival
- Langebaan West Coast Cycle Tour
- Langebaan West Coast Marathon
- Langebaan Wild Flowers in season
- Langebaan WP Triathlon
- Langebaan Yacht Club Potjiekos Competition
- Yzerfontein morning market
- West Coast Lagoon Festival - March 2010
From July to September. Best viewed in the West Coast National Park along the banks of the Langebaan Lagoon. The official park flower season is from 01 August until 30 September when the protected area ofPostberg within the Park is open to the public. The park's gates also remain open longer during this period.
Five million years ago the Cape west coast was very different from what it is today with a wide range of now extinct animals living in riverine forests, wooded savanna, the adjacent sea and on offshore islands. Phosphate mining operations at Langebaanweg uncovered one of the richest fossil sites in the world.
Mon - Fri: 08H00 to 16H00
Sat, Sun & Public Holidays call 022 - 766 1606 for opening times
- ENTRANCE FEES:
Seniors and students: R6.00
Children over 5: R4.00
- TOUR TARIFF (Includes Entrance Fee)
Seniors and students: R25.00
Children under 5: No Charge
Tour Guides, Teachers & their Coach Driver: No Charge
Telephone: +27 (0)22 766 1606
Fax: +27 (0)22 766 1765
Bookings and membership for golf
- West Coast National Park
The San Culture and Educational Centre.
!Kwa ttu is a living San-owned project, a vibrant and diverse cultural experience celebrating the past and present lives of the San. In addition to directly preserving, protecting and celebrating San heritage and culture, !Khwa ttu works to support the San in securing a more hopeful future through the use of specially design training courses, work experience and educational initiatives at both the individual and the community level.
!Kwa ttu is a joint venture by the San people and a Swiss philanthropic foundation UBUNTU and is the only San owned and operated heritage centre in the Western Cape.
Contact: Tel - 022 492 2998
" style="color:rgb(51, 51, 51)">
Kayaking & Kitesurfing:
Langebaan lagoon all year
There is a very active model aeroplane flying club with over
- West Coast is famous for its oysters homegrown in local oyster beds. Speak to your hosts Val and Dave who will source local oysters for you and enjoy these wonderful local delicacies for which Langebaan is famous!
Leisurely picnics can be arranged for you in advance with the management of Masada Guest House. Chef will pack you a delicious array of goodies in a picnic basket along with a bottle of wine to enjoy a legendary sunset on the beach.
Quadbike trail adventures for the adrenalin junkies are available. Check with management and arrange a day tour.
Spend a day in the West Coast National Park and visit the cultural centre at the Geelbek Museum. Ideal photo opportunities for keen photographers and bird watchers paradise.
Whale watching October and November